Wednesday, January 11, 2012

We've arrived in New Delhi

We've just arrived at the hotel in New Delhi!  This hotel does have wifi but it is pay-to-use.  I haven't asked about the price yet because I managed to find an unsecured wifi network with access.  Hopefully my computer doesn't blow up as a result of this but I'm only using this connection for non-secure things.

As far as the trip for today, we were in the car for about 5-6 hours. We stopped for lunch along the way from Jaipur to Delhi at a roadside cafe. The meal consisted of a wonderful dish called butter chicken, a couple of diet cokes, and an order of garlic naan. After taxes the meal was 830 Rs.

We'll be hanging out at the hotel for the evening.  Tomorrow we start at 8:30 on our tour of Delhi.  I'm not sure exactly what we're going to see.  I'll make sure to tell y'all about it tomorrow after we're done.  The day after we fly back to Dhaval's place and start all of the stuff for the wedding.

Also, my dad is getting some photos up to the shutterfly site.  Thank you for your patience!!!  They're coming up very slowly and sporadically.  We may not get many posted in the next couple of days but once we return to Dhaval's and have a reliable (and free!!!) connection he will get a lot of them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment