Friday, January 13, 2012

We've returned, triumphiantly, to Surat

The tourist enterprise has been completed.  I'll recap my feelings on the monuments later.  It's too late to fool with that now.

We got picked up from the airport by the family driver after our flight from Delhi to Vadodara this evening.  Everything went swimmingly.  He picked us up in a very nice Skoda too!  The ride back to the house was quite comfortable and I managed to sneak an hour or so of sleep on the way.

When I arrived, the dance choreographer was here at the house working with everyone.  I was informed that the bell now tolled for me.  After a short time watching Dhaval practice, I was brought up to work on my routine with the two other guys performing with me.  It wasn't bad at all.  Despite me being terribly white in the dance department, I was complimented on how quickly I picked up the routine.  I really can't wait to see how this whole thing turns out!

After spending several hours watching SEVERAL iterations of dance routines throughout the night, folks started to leave (several people were here... friends, relatives, etc.).  Dhaval's dad broke out several large bottles of beer and we sat around drinking for a couple of hours.  After all were gone aside from myself, Dhaval, his dad, and his cousin from the US, his dad broke out a bottle of vodka.  Under his dad's guidance, Dhaval mixed up a nice little cocktail and we sat in the theatre room enjoying a bit of dicussion.  Most of it related to work but life lessons were on the table and I enjoyed every bit of the conversation.

Att his point it's almost 3:30AM and I have to be up in about five hours.  I bid you adieu!

1 comment: